Dress Styles for Engagement Party Etiquette
When you’ve said yes to the proposal, planning an engagement party is often the next step. While you may be wondering about engagement party etiquette, the truth is, there isn’t really any. An engagement party can be a small, informal gathering at your home or a restaurant, or it can be a lavish affair in a hotel or country club. This means the dress code can vary a lot. However, whether your party will be big or small, our dresses for engagement party will ensure you feel amazing at your special event.
A White Engagement Dress gives you a Bridal Vibe
Why wait until the big day to wear a white dress? If you’re looking for an engagement party outfit, then a white engagement dress is the classic choice. White suits all sorts of people, and Peaches Boutique offer both short and long dresses for engagements in white and off-white tones to give you the look you want.
White dresses are also great for:
- Your bridal shower – they give you a bridal look, but can be worn at semi-formal events
- Engagement photoshoots – a white dress is ideal for photos, as it gives you a romantic, ethereal look
- Bachelorette party – if you need a party dress for your bachelorette party, then choose something white that’s lacy or sparkly for a carefree look
- Rehearsal dinner – another event where you might choose to dress up is your rehearsal dinner, and the outfit you choose will have your guests excited for the big reveal of your wedding dress
Engagement Gowns in Striking Colors
There are no specific rules about which colors you should wear to your event. If you’re looking for dresses for engagement party, then you could go in any direction, from a classic black dress to something eye-catching.
Red engagement dresses are a popular choice, as they are bold and make you stand out from the crowd. You could opt for all sorts of silhouettes in red, from a mermaid to a classic sheath dress or a stylish mini dress. Our range of red engagement dresses includes all sorts of tones from a bright crimson or Ferrari red to maroon and deeper shades that have a sophisticated look.
From pink to blue or even black, when you’re choosing engagement party dresses for bride, you can make your own rules and choose something you love.
Long Engagement Dresses for Formal Events
If you’re going to be throwing a formal event to celebrate your upcoming nuptials, then you might want to look at the range of long engagement dresses available at Peaches Boutique. Our engagement gowns make you feel special ahead of your big day
There are endless style options when it comes to long dresses. You could choose one of our long sleeve engagement dresses with lace or sheer fabrics, giving you a traditional romantic look. Or you could opt for a dress that’s a two-piece or has cut-outs or an open back, allowing you to show some skin.
Short Dresses for Engagements for Semi-Formal Parties
Throwing something a bit less formal like a cocktail party? You can still wear something beautiful in a shorter length.
Some style options you might want to consider include:
- Long sleeve engagement dresses – a short dress with long sleeves is a modern style statement, and you could opt for a style with lace or sparkle to make it special
- High-low dresses – these give you the best of both worlds, they’re less formal than a long dress, but still give you a special look
- Jumpsuits or rompers – an engagement party doesn’t necessarily mean you need a dress. Why not opt for something a little different and choose a jumpsuit?
- Embellished dresses – whether they’re covered in sequins or beads, a short dress with embellishments makes a bold statement
Invited to an Engagement Party: What to Wear?
Even if you’re not the center of attention at an engagement party, you can still look amazing. Peaches Boutique offer engagement party dresses for guests in many different styles, so when you’re going to a gathering to celebrate a couple's recent engagement, you can choose something that fits the dress code. From a mini to a midi dress, or something floor-length for those lavish, formal events, shop with Peaches Boutique and you’ll be the best dressed guest.
Whatever your role in the wedding, when you need a dress for engagement party, choose Peaches Boutique. You can find a dress that’s unique and special to you, ensuring that you look amazing during this happy occasion. And don’t forget, when it’s time to pick your bridesmaid, reception or mother of the bride dresses, we can help you out with that too.