Why should I choose a Reception Wedding Dress?
Many brides will wonder whether they need a dress for a wedding reception, and there are many reasons why you might decide to change from a day to a night look.
For many brides, their love of fashion simply means that putting together one outfit isn’t enough. While you may already have your wedding dress picked out, you may also want to shop for a bride reception dress, as this gives you the opportunity to try some different styles.
In general, shopping for a reception wedding dress is a lot more of a relaxed experience, and many brides feel like they can be more creative in their choice. Buying a dress for wedding reception means you have freer rein to express yourself, so you can go for something non-traditional if you like.
A Shorter Length Wedding Party Dress for Dancing
If you plan on dancing the night away at your wedding reception, then it’s worth considering something that’s less bulky and allows for movement. Many wedding dresses are heavy and have lots of layers, so while they look beautiful during the ceremony, they simply aren’t practical for partying. Choosing a knee length dress for wedding reception means you can mingle and dance without layers of tulle in your way.
A popular option is to choose a white dress in a shorter style, as this ensures it stands out from the wedding guest dresses. Some styles that work well as a bride reception dress include:
- Fit and flare – with a fitted bodice and short or knee length flared skirt, these dresses have a romantic, girly look
- Sheath dresses – beautifully fitted to give you an hourglass figure, this style is ideal for a wedding party dress, or even for an informal wedding such as an elopement
- Slip dresses – a big style at the moment thanks to the 90s revival, if you want something simple for your reception, then a slip or cami dress offers understated chic
- Bodycon – if you want something that’s really going to flatter your curves, then you can’t go wrong with a bodycon style. In our range of a prom dresses, we offer many bodycon fits which would also work well for a reception outfit
- High-low hemlines – short at the front then flowing at the back, you get the best of both worlds with these unique styles
Opting for a short style certainly doesn’t limit your options for your wedding party outfit, as we have plenty of mini, knee length and midi dresses that will work for you.
Change into a Sexy Wedding Reception Dress as a Style Statement
Many brides opt for a traditional wedding dress for their ceremony, then go for a sexy reception dress at night, so they can get the best of both worlds. If you are opting for a modest wedding dress, perhaps because you’re marrying in a church, synagogue or other religious building, or you just want to be a little more covered up, then a sexy wedding reception dress allows you to express your personality.
There are lots of style options at Peaches Boutique when you are shopping for a sexy reception dress. You may want to choose a plunge neckline, a two-piece dress with a small amount of midriff on show, a thigh slit or an open back. We have plenty of styles in white, ivory and many other colorways.
Wedding Reception Gowns for Traditional Brides
While you may be looking for a second dress for your reception, it doesn’t necessarily have to be a style that’s less formal. A popular trend is to choose a reception gown for bride that still has the traditionally bridal look, so you get two different outfits for your big day. After all, how often do you get to be the center of attention?
At Peaches Boutique we offer a range of wedding reception gowns that allow you to make a big entrance at your party. Many of our formal dresses
are available in bridal colors such as white, off-white, cream and ivory, making them easy to wear as a reception gown for bride. Some styles that are suitable for more formal events include:
- The ball gown – a classic silhouette with a large tulle skirt or layered petticoat, ball gowns are perfect for special occasions where you want to look and feel like a princess
- The mermaid dress – this is a great choice for a reception, as it combines a figure-hugging dress with a ‘tail’ that flares out from the knee, adding a touch of romance to the style
- A-line styles – this is another fit and flare silhouette with a fitted bodice and a full skirt, although the skirt is less full than a ball gown for a more understated look
- Sheath dresses – these dresses have a fitted bodice and straight cut skirt, so they skim rather than cling to your body. This provides a timeless style that is always in fashion
Elegant dresses for all your friends and family
If you’re planning on placing an order for your reception wedding dress, or making a trip to our Chicago store, why not shop for the rest of your friends and family? Our huge range of formal and semi-formal dresses mean you can find outfits for the mother of the bride, bridesmaids and yourself under one roof, making it easy to co-ordinate the entire bridal party. Many of our dresses are also ideal for a wedding guest.
When one dress just isn’t enough for your special day, we’ll help you find the perfect reception dress for bride that’ll allow you to wow everyone with your style in the second half of your big day.